Monday, October 26, 2015

[it's PURPLE!!!!]

So...a few weeks ago, a special package arrived in my mailbox. Inside that package was a product I was eagerly anticipating, and super excited to do a product review for.

Let me just say that I've been a long time fan of the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener (aka the World's Greatest Pencil Sharpener - the one all the teachers are talking about)!
I mean, really, look at this great line-up...


What you may not know, is that Troy is one of the most generous and thoughtful business owners I've ever worked with. For each pencil sharpener sold, he donates $1 to help develop a school in a developing country. He also very kindly gifted Kenton two different pencil sharpeners (the super darling car sharpener that sat in the drawer of his hospital table and a black one that stayed in the halfway house) when he was going through his cancer treatments. For my little artist, those sharpeners allowed him to have super sharp pencils in his hospital room all the time, so when he wanted to draw, he could.

With the best product on the market, and the best customer service, Classroom Friendly Supplies is my go to company for teacher appreciation gifts and housewarming gifts. I love LOVE that there is now a permanent mount available! 

In my classroom, I had 2 blue sharpeners. I loved them. My kids loved them. The other teachers in my building coveted loved them. Soon, every teacher in our hall was the proud owner of TWO Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpeners. Yes, they're that awesome. 

Back to what I was saying earlier...a few weeks ago, a special package arrived in my mailbox. I let McKayslin open it because I knew what was inside and I wanted to see her reaction (she will only sharpen pencils in a Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener - as will Luke - and well, you already know how I feel about this little guy!).


Seriously so cute!

She was so excited!!  The best pencil sharpener in the world (which even sharpens those stupid really great "holiday" pencils, colored pencils, and cheap pencils like a dream) NOW COMES IN PURPLE!!!


Of course, she had to try it out immediately.



Such an easy sharpener to use - my littles (first graders!!!) caught on after only a couple of minutes of instruction! You just squeeze the little black grips together, pull the metal piece away from the sharpener and insert your pencil. Release the black grips (they'll hold the pencil tightly). Place one hand on top of the sharpener body to stabilize the sharpener and use the other hand to twist the handle. You'll know when the pencil is sharp because the sharpening sound stops. To remove the pencil, simply squeeze the black grips together again and take the pencil out of the sharpener. This is the kind of point you can expect every.single.time. It's pretty great!


This little gem has taken up permanent residence with McKayslin's art supplies. Her colored pencils sharpen quickly without getting worn down or torn up. I love that. 

In my classroom, my favorite feature of this sharpener, is that once the pencil is sharp, the kids can keep on cranking away, but the blade disengages so the pencil doesn't get eaten up in that super awesome game of "Ireallydon'twanttodomyworksoI'llsharpenmypenciltoatinylittlenubandthengetanotherpencilanddothesamethingagain!" 

Bonus, the blade is replaceable! I had my classic blue sharpeners in my classroom for over 3 years before the blades needed replacing.

Honestly, every pencil ever sharpened in my Classroom Friendly Sharpeners has come out with a clean, sharp point, every single time. 

Stop by Classroom Friendly Supplies and check out all of the fun colors Troy has to offer. And while you're there, pick up a sharpener. Or three. I love them in the classroom, and I love them at home. I promise, you won't be sorry!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment